Chaat is popular street food in India. It has a blend of tangy and spicy taste in it and is full of flavours. Popular Indian street food like Bhel Puri, Sev Puri, street style Sandwiches, have chat masala in it for that tangy taste. Chaat Masala Recipe is very simple and easy to make.
Chaat masala is available in the local stores in India. But this homemade chaat masala recipe is just perfect for any type of chaat. Moreover, the recipe is very easy to prepare, takes very less time to prepare and also you may find the ingredients in any Indian household easily or in the local stores. The homemade chaat masala has a feel of freshness in it.
Please do try the recipes only if you have the ingredients at home. Do not step out of the house unnecessarily. You can always skip any ingredient in the recipes as per the availability at your homes. Stay Home Stay Safe.
Please wash the vegetables thoroughly before making the food. Also, wash your hands with soap before cooking.
· 1/4th cup Jeera (cumin)
· 1 tsp whole Black Pepper
· 2 tbsp Black Salt(sanchal)
· 1/4th cup Amchur Powder
· 1 tbsp salt
· Heat a Non-stick pan for a few seconds and then add the Jeera(cumin) in it and dry roast it till it turns a bit brown.
· Then remove the cumin from the pan and add it in a bowl.
· Now, Dry Roast the whole black pepper for a minute and then add it in the mixing bowl.
· Then, switch off the gas flame and roast the powders that are black salt, salt and amchur powder for a minute. This is just to remove the moisture from the powders.
· Mix all the ingredients well in the mixing bowl.
· Now let it cool for 10 minutes and then add the ingredients in a mixer grinder jar.
· Now do not switch on the mixer-grinder for long. Switch it on and off again and again twice or thrice to get a fine powder.
· Then once it becomes a fine powder, sieve them with a spoon to get a fine chaat masala powder.
· Fresh Chat masala powder is ready.
You can garnish your salads, chaat items like Bhel Puri, Sev Puri, Dahi Puri, Buttermilk, Sandwiches with the homemade Chaat Masala Recipe.
Have a look at the detailed video on how to make chaat masala recipe at home below
You can buy a Non-stick pan for dry roasting your spices from the below link. If you make a purchase from the below link I will earn a small amount of commission.
From Indians click the below link
Also have a look at some of the chaat recipes from my below blog post