WINTER VEGETARIAN RECIPES FOR DINNER
Hey guys, back with a Home Food Recipe. Well, Winters are the best time to enjoy food. We can add some good fat in our diet to nourish our body. I have jotted down 2 Winter Special Indian Veg Recipes which are healthy as well as tasty.
VEGETABLES TO EAT IN WINTER IN INDIA
We get a lot of green and fresh vegetables in winter especially the Bhajis like Methi and Palak. I will be sharing some North Indian Sabzi Recipes made from Palak and Methi. The Recipes are simple to make.
Please do try the recipes only if you have the ingredients at home. Do not step out of the house unnecessarily. You can always skip any ingredient in the recipes as per availability at your homes. Stay Home Stay Safe.
Please wash the vegetables thoroughly before making the food. Also, wash your hands with soap before cooking.
WINTER RECIPES INDIAN
All the below recipes serves 4-5 persons
- Methi Malai Mutter: Well, in Restaurants they usually serve Methi Malai Mutter in White Gravy. I have made this Sabzi in yellow gravy with a little twist and some extra spices. Methi is very nutritious and is best available in winters. This is one of the Winter Special Indian Veg Recipes which is very simple and easy to make. I have made the recipe very simple and can be prepared in less time. This is a popular North Indian Sabzi Recipes which tastes delicious.
- 1 cup Methi Leaves
- 2 cups green Peas
- ½ cup Cashewnuts
- 3 Large chopped onions
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- ½ Cup Fresh Cream
- 3 small green chilies
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4th tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Cumin-coriander powder(dhania-jeera powder)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- Put cashew nuts, onions, green chilies and garlic cloves in a bowl and green peas in another bowl.
- Boil them in a pressure cooker for 5 whistles
- Now mix cashew nuts, onions,green chillies and garlic cloves in a mixer-grinder into a fine paste.
- Take a pan and add oil in it.
Now add methi leaves and cook them for 2 minutes and remove it in a bowl.
- Then add the cashewnuts, onions and garlic cloves paste in the pan and cook it for 3-4 minutes on a low flame. Stir it continuously while cooking.
- Now, add the cumin-coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, sugar and salt.
- Let it cook for another minute.
- Now add the boiled green peas and methi leaves in it.
- Let it cook for one more minute and then add the fresh cream in it.
- Mix the fresh cream in the sabzi and switch off the gas flame after a few seconds.
- Hot Methi Malai Mutter is ready to serve.
- You can serve it with Hot Parathas.
Palak Paneer is another Winter Special Veg. Recipes which is also healthy and nutritious. This is also a very simple and easy to make recipe. It is also made up of very less ingredients.
- 1 Bunch Palak
- 1 cup Paneer Cubes
- 3 Large chopped onions
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp green-chili and ginger paste
- 2 tsp cumin-coriander powder(dhania-jeera powder)
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup fresh Cream
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
Wash the Palak thoroughly in running water. Now boil it in a deep vessel with a pinch of salt in it.
Now mix it well in a mixer-grinder.
Now add Ghee and oil in a pan.
Then add onions, garlic and green-chili-ginger paste in it.
Saute them till the onions turn translucent.
Then add the red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder, and turmeric powder in it.
Mix the spices well with the onions and cook them for a minute. Add a dash of water so that the spices do not burn.
Now, add the Palak gravy with salt and cook it well for 5 minutes or till oil separates the gravy.
Stir the gravy continuously while cooking the gravy.
Then add the paneer in it and mix it with the gravy.
Now add the fresh cream and switch off the gas flame after mixing it well.
Hot Palak Paneer is ready to serve. You can have it with Parathas.
So, do try these Winter Special Veg. Recipes at home and post your comments below. These simple, delicious recipes require very less time and ingredients to prepare.
Also, Have a look at some more North Indian Sabzi Recipes in the below links
Buy a perfect 3 Jar Mixer Grinder for making smooth gravies for your sabzis. You can buy a Mixer Grinder from the amazon link below. If you make your purchases from the below links I will earn a small amount of commission.
For Indians click the Below link to Buy the Product
For other countries click the below link